Gone are the days where it was generally accepted that human is born with specific features and have to die with those. With the advancements in medical technology, the body can currently be given new looks with different surgeries and alterations. Not only do they improvise the overall aesthetics of the body, but they also boost up the confidence of the individual and gives it a new view of life.
One of the popular methods included under such alteration is Neck Lift. The upcoming content speaks in more detail about it.
A brief understanding
Neck lift is the procedure that involves the region of the neck amd refers to the procedures conducted to improvise the overall appearance of the same. The medical terms for it are platysmaplasty and lower rhytidectomy. Sometimes, the procedure is considered as a part of the facelift and thus gets combined with it.
Otherwise, in the other cases it stays as a standalone surgery and can involve either of the given procedures:
- Removal of excessive skin on the neck i.e. cervicoplasty.
- Liposuction or removal of excessive fats from the region.
- Alteration in the neck muscles to improvise the contraction and relaxation.
- Ultrasound, laser, and other fillers to conduct minor surgeries for removal of patches on the neck.
- Botox injections to counter the effects of bands caused due to aging or other hormonal disorders.
Going for the procedure
As simple as it sounds, the procedure holds a wide array of complications that cannot be handled by everyone and thus limits itself to a specific group of people. It includes the ones having the following disorders or problems in the neck:
- Excessive fat-causing pain in the chin and face.
- Turkey wattles that cause fitment issues with the clothes at the upper portion of the body.
- Excessive skin that gives a saggy look to the individual.
Along with these, it is also important to have noted that the patient must not have any underlying disease while undergoing the treatment. Otherwise, unnecessary complications might arise that would risk the overall health.
Steps in the procedure
The overall procedure of Neck Lift can be categorized into the given steps:
- The first step begins with anesthesia i.e. giving of injections to induce sleep in the patients. This is done to avoid unnecessary pains to them and prevent them from causing any motions that might hinder the overall procedure.
- The next step is the incisions or cuts with precision and specific purposes. These are made only in the allowed portions and direct towards the posterior as per the specifications. With this, the fats can be removed from the neck, muscles can be relaxed accordingly and excessive skin is removed.
- After the procedure, it is very crucial to close down the incisions to prevent any infections. Thus, sutures and skin adhesives are used to close them up and prevent any form of bleeding. The patients are also advised to keep changing them at regular intervals to maintain the freshness and avoid chances of infections.
- The final step includes regular check-ups to see the results of improvement and removal of scars created during the procedure.
What need not be expected?
Though the Neck Lift can show significant improvements in the appearance of the neck, there is one major thing that cannot be altered by the procedure i.e. facial looks and fundamental appearance. It cannot stop the natural aging process and thus the patients must avoid keeping such high expectations.
On an ending note, be very careful while undergoing such a process and have a detailed discussion with the doctor to be double sure of avoiding any kind of reaction.